Bristol & District Chess League Forum

Chess in Bristol
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:20 pm 

At the Steve Boniface congress at the weekend Ben Edgell, the Bristol League's delegate to the ECF Council, was asking if there were any matters anyone wished him to raise. Ben was already aware of my opposition to the re-election of CJ de Mooi as ECF President, as were other people, and told me that his default position was to oppose CJ's re-election by voting 'none of the above' if the nomination was unopposed.

I became aware just this morning that Roger Edwards is standing against CJ de Mooi and I thoroughly recommend to Ben that he vote in support of Roger.

Roger is a Senior ECF Arbiter with whom I had the pleasure of working at the recent British Championships. I liked Roger as a person and also his systematic and 'down to earth' approach to things.

Roger's election address can be found here:

http://www.englishchess.org.uk/?page_id=897

I am sure Ben would welcome any feedback from Bristol League members on this matter.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:31 pm 

I worked with Roger 2 years ago and I am definitely for voting against CJ and voting in favour of Roger

The Welsh U16 rapid play Champion (x2) and Welsh U20 Champion
2nd in British U16 Championship
thomas.g.thorpe@googlemail.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:26 pm 

Thanks for letting me know Tom, Geoff.

Once the season starts I'll make a concerted effort to get the opinions of as many people as possible connected with the Bristol League on who to vote for/ not vote for, but do encourage anyone at your respective clubs to express their opinions about the AGM. I want as many people as possible to take an active interest in the ECF.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:49 pm 

Chris Mattos has been nominated for the role of Finance Director. I believe hes played in the Bristol League at some point over the last few years.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:32 am 

Theres now a second nomination for Director of Finance, a chap called Tyrone Jefferies.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:35 am 

The election addresses from the 2 candidates for the ECF Presidency:

http://yorkshirechess.org/ecf-president ... addresses/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:25 pm 

In his election address CJ seems to be expressing intent to do all the things in the coming year that he perhaps should have been doing in the past year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:00 pm 

1. Rupert Jones has been nominated as the FIDE Delegate. There will therefore be a contested election for this position.

2. Tyrone Jefferies has withdrawn as a candidate for Director of Finance after learning of the nomination of Chris Mattos. Chris has provided an election statement, which should appear on the ECF website in the morning.

3. Sean Hewitt has been nominated as a Non-Executive Director. With Jack Rudd standing for re-election, there are currently two candidates for the two NED positions.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:56 pm 

It appears that CJ De Mooi has resigned as ECF President. Unconfirmed at this stage, though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:58 pm 

http://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-conte ... p-2012.pdf

is the list of candidates up for election at the AGM, by the way. I've been told that if no candidate is appointed there is a person willing to work in interim as International Director, but the lack of any candidates for the role of CEO is striking.