Bristol & District Chess League Forum

Chess in Bristol
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:30 am 

This maybe a silly idea but we started it off years ago on playchess server engine room. Everytime someone got their computer upto a new threshold e.g. 2600 then many of the ppl at that level would welcome them to the 2600 club. Also, the 2600 club members would group together, knowledge wise, to get to the 2700 club. Just a bit of an incentive to get better.

It's phased out over the years because kibitzing is easier but was fun while it lasted.

Just wondering if anything like that can be used to help, say, 120's hit 130 & so on.

It seems to me that most people in the league are learning on their own. I do for the most part but do get help & advice from my clubmates too. Maybe we could stretch it wider than that, involving every club with willing members who are able to help out & improve the general chess knowledge of the league.

I know many people do already but think we could do better if we can afford the time.

I would be up to help. I don't have much to offer but I do know certain openings well having played them for 15 years. Also my general chess knowledge has much improved after putting a lot of work in over the past couple of years.

Anyway, I just think more of us could help.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

James