Bristol & District Chess League Forum

Chess in Bristol
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Congress on the move
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:45 pm 

Out of the blue, the league, in the form of Alan Papier, received an invitation to hold a congress or two at the Holiday Inn in the city centre, at a price we could afford!

Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, we have arranged two tournaments for next year.

The Bristol Winter congress is back! (did it ever go away?) 18-20 January at our swanky new venue, and that's followed by;

Bristol Spring Congress, which includes the league championships. 26-28 April. Come one, come all, and enjoy your chess on a comfy carpet in the middle of Bristol.

Slightly ironically, the people at the Filton venue have fixed the door, so it doesn't bang any more...

In the meantime, the next Chipping Sodbury rapidplay is on Saturday 13th October, also at a new venue. We've moved across the road from the town hall to the Old Grammar School, part of the same organisation. Still in the middle of the town and still with 3 sections, which are now at the new Bristol limits of Open, Major (U155), and Minor (U125).

Watch the league website for details and entry forms of all the above.

I slept, and dreamt that life was Beauty,
I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Post subject: Re: Congress on the move
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:02 pm 

Well done Graham. And congratulations on all your hard work with the Steve Boniface, especially in the minor section with just 8 of us (although soon turned out to be 7 then 6)! Neil Derrick informs me I won £15 for joint third, which i'm ecstatic about.

Once again thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers,

Philip